Monday, May 23, 2011

Transitions Abroad Winning Essay

A few months ago I entered a life abroad writing contest and was awarded runner-up. Hey, it's not first but it's better than a poke in the eye. My article was published online today and will feature in the Transitions Abroad magazine.

The magazine's director probably had a soft spot for my essay because he and his sister spent a few years in Nice when they were children. He says he still loves France and the opportunity to live abroad when he was a child has obviously made him who he is today.

Those of you who read my blog already know me well but maybe you'll find something new in my article. Thanks for sharing in my life and encouraging me to continue telling you about our experiences.

Love from my little spot here in the South of France,
aidan

Transitions Abroad Expatriate Life Article

8 comments:

  1. Awesome Aidan - just went over and read your article - I am so proud of you!! You are such a clever duck and are obviously on to something with this writing gig! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsty, You are too funny. I like being a clever duck.....feet going mad under the water, serenity above. Yea, that's me.
    aidan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enjoyable essay, I used to work with French people living in the country near Bordeaux, I thought that it was an enclave with old fashioned ways but reading your article I realise that these ways are widespread around France. Well written, Aidan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! Great article, you are going places, girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed reading that. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - I love how you are out there 'doing it!' I hear so many people use excuses that have kept them from even VISITING other countries - mainly because of families. You've made it a family adventure of a lifetime. No excuses. Well done team Aidan!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to read your comments. They're an answer to my floating words in blogland.