Friday, March 23, 2012

Hey! I'm in Venice, Italy

You all know the Besties, A and K, right?

{Bestie K at Les Baux de Provence}

We have a little annual tradition of traveling together to a European city. I've tried to get them to meet me stateside in NYC but they'll have none of it.

{Bestie A in Paris}

Me in Europe equals an excuse for European travel. And they come all this way for little old me! Nothing to do with beautiful Italian cities, I'm sure.

We were on a bit of a hiatus last year due to health (A's) and fiduciary (mine) issues but this year we're back on track and we're off to one of my dream locations to visit; Venice, Italy.

I admit that I always figured I'd see this romantic city of watercolor and canals with P-Daddy, holding hands and getting lost strolling through the cobbled streets, him reciting poetry to me while I lazily drew my fingers threw canal waters from my perch in a gondola. Hmmmm. That's not happening.

Instead, I get to hang out with two of my favorite people in the world, holding hands and getting lost while strolling through the cobbled streets and laugh, laugh, laughing until I can't stand it anymore. Or until the hotel clerk calls and asks us to keep it down.
This has happened and we're not proud of it.

{me and K in Florence}
Add Venice to the list of beautiful places visited by me and the Besties and it looks not too shabby; Western Ireland, London, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Provence and Paris; you remember that one don't you?
{we three in Pisa}

We've done pretty well for ourselves over the past seven years.

I will be gone over the weekend so who knows what will happen around here.
It's party time when I'm gone. Think bike riding, tennis playing, late nights, junk food and eating in the living room while watching the Phineas and Ferb movie. All to an embarrassing soundtrack of what P-Daddy likes to call 'Summer Rock'.

I could be annoyed that there's always a party in the making when I'm off, but:

a) I'm having my own party

and
b) P-Daddy says he has to play it up real big when I'm gone so they're not all burdened by an overwhelming sadness and longing for me. Buying? Sold.

I'll take lots and lots of photos and have some delicious meals.
If you'd like to follow along with me you can. Just go to my Instagram page @aidanlarson to see what we're doing. I'll be posting here too.

But I promise to tell you all about it when I get home. Sound good?

See you next week.



9 comments:

  1. Have a great time! I've seen one of your Instagram photos and I was wondering where you were!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time with your girls! Venice is STILL on my list. And by the way, what is Instagram...geez....I just can't keep up! Bis

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun Aidan! Spending time with girlfriends is SO important for mommies and wives ;-) I approve of your destination of choice. Can't wait to read about your adventures! Amuse-toi bien! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did go to Venice on our honeymoon and got lost in all the narrow streets, but there was no poetry! Venice with your Besties will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fabulous time, can't wait to hear all about it when you get back. Don't draw your fingers through the canal water though - it's seriously groddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Venice is incredible. I need to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! Have been seeing your pictures! How incredibly fun! I dream of doing things like that! Can't wait to hear all the details!

    xx! Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Venice has long been on my list, too. When we get to France, we'll be closer than ever! (That's what we tell ourselves, anyway...:-) Bon voyage to you and the besties......hope you laugh so loudly the Venetians stare!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! I am totally hoping I can get a girlfriend to fly out here and take the train to Paris with me. So wonderful to have friends like that, and the commitment to getting together for such cool experiences.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to read your comments. They're an answer to my floating words in blogland.