We couldn't decide on a name so she got three.
Clementine because that's what Ma Fille wanted and strangely the daughter of the breeder's name is the same and when they heard that's what Ma Fille wanted to name her they started calling her Clementine. Sweet, huh? And also very kismet.
Mirabel because we just spent a week with our Irish friends near a tiny French town called 'Mirabel-aux-Baronnies' and it seemed appropriate and fresh since we brought her home the day after we got back from our holiday.
And Petals because that's the name the Middlest chose and I happen to think it's perfectly lovely for a puppy to be called Petals; especially if a 7 year-old heartthrob thinks of it.
We call her a combination of the three but so far it's mostly been Clementine--with an American accent, long on the 'i'. I personally love blending Mirabel and Petals all together real close to make it sound a bit Texan like this, 'MirabelPetals, you pretty girl'.
1) She is bilingual, naturalement, and understands 'sit' in French and English equally poorly.
2) She is blonde like the other three.
3) We took her to the beach for the first time and she attacked the small waves, biting at them and barking once she got over the initial 'what the?!'.
4) She likes to take naps.
5) You can stand outside with her saying, 'outside, go tee-tee' for 20 minutes only to have her pee on the doormat on the way back in.
6) She is like the Baby's twin. In manner, habits, chubby tummy and blondeness.
7) She dips her feet into her water bowl and then slides across the kitchen floor.
8) She eats snails. Just like a Frenchie.
|Clemetine Mirabel Petals|