Friday, May 10, 2013

Hooray, Hooray, the Month of May!

My friend Rachel, aka Ms Butt Bumper, taught me a saying. She learned it from her septuagenarian mother-in-law. It goes like this: 'Hooray, hooray, the month of May! Outdoor f***ing starts today!'

She's from Vermont. I think they go a bit loola up there when the snow stops falling.

I do love it though, I do. Don't you?

May in France is especially perfect for this saying thanks to all the extra outdoor time they give you in the form of school and national holidays. There are so many bridges (see this post) in France this May that we go, no lie, the entire month without a regular work or school week. That's a lot of kids and P-Daddy.

{happy birthday Clementine}
Other wonderful May things to consider: birthdays, lilacs, strawberries, asparagus, temperate weather (a-hem), naked gardening (here's to you Jacquie), pink wine, hiking, cycling, anniversaries, first swims of the season, painted toenails, and sunshine.

I love May. We begin to relax, warm up, slow 'er down. Yep, it's pretty much perfect.
And as the saying goes....


9 comments:

  1. Ha,ha! Thanks for that, May may have made me mad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I never liked Spring much until I knew what May was here in the South of France. It's true! And please oh please give that beautiful Clementine a gros bisous from me (ok, tell her it is from Ben). I haven't made the big swim yet but stuck my toes in a river in the Cevennes the other day...it was still coooold! But soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It always was like a switch had been flipped, the nearby Jardin LeCoq would fill up with students from the nearby university in various stages of undress... May bisous from SC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly - love May!! In May it seems that the sun really does want to shine! On this coast we have had a funky vacation week, weather-wise, as each day the weather forecast calls for clouds, cooler temps & possible rain and in reality, each afternoon has been full of beautiful, gorgeous sunshine!! So yesterday, I got tired of the cloudy forecast and chanced the weather and off the girls and I went to the beach, & we found le soleil!! I also love all the flowers, color and green! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love May! Both our girls have birthdays this month and yes, I was outside gardening today...not exactly naked, but HELLO tank tops ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy it's May too. Means we will be back in Sablet very soon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for the Month of May! I can't wait to go around beaches and watch the dazzling sun lights the world. =) I guess goodbye to studies for now and have a break first. high school summer study abroad



    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit I have never heard that expression before - but it made me laugh & I'm going to use it from now on. Like the sound of the mother-in-law. I love the idea of all those bridges & May in the south of France (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Aidan! Love this post- funny, because I'd just finished writing a text about the month of May in France! Clementine looks like a very classy girl.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to read your comments. They're an answer to my floating words in blogland.