Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Spongebob Squarepants is Bob L'eponge

I don't know what happened to the 'square pants' but they got lost in translation. We brought our sky box along so have fallen back on watching English television but today is a new day. I'm forcing the kids to watch their favorite cartoons in French. Hence, Bob l'eponge.
We've been doing 'mommy school' and I think it's fair that kid tv in French falls into the category of 'educational'. How do all you home schooling moms do it every day? My lovely daughter thinks it's really fun to do school work at home and keeps asking for more. My son, however, is less enthusiastic. Of course the baby just walks around eating things he shouldn't while I try to figure out how to answer simple questions en francais.
How old are you? Quel age as'tu? Do you have a pet? As-tu un animal familier? Pet doesn't translate that well--an animal you're familiar with--so we decided to just change pet into dog, chien.
Unfortunately, Rowan has found a French soap opera and I can hear the bodice ripping from here. Oh, dear. This does not qualify as educational. Better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes my day to read your comments. They're an answer to my floating words in blogland.